Once a visitor presses the Buy Button within your online store, cycle starts of turning Visitor into a Buyer. It’s very important phase of establishing relationship with your online customer. This phase involves Online payment processing and Order fulfillment/Logistics.
Order fulfillment & logistics processes need to be defined as per the your organization’s setup. As far as online start-ups are concerned below are few key considerations:
- What are the target geographies (global OR domestic).
- If online start-up has an offline presence. Then how much you will need to align existing operations to accommodate online customers.
- How effectively company’s inventory management system/ back-end system can support the logistics processes.
- Locations coverage capabilities of your logistic vendors and order tracking capabilities.
- Different geographies will have specific rules for customs liabilities, duties and taxes hence need to develop a clear understanding while deciding upon geography and the logistic vendors.
- What is the nature of product (is it high value OR low value?). In case of high value special delivery & insurance arrangement need to be made.
To summarize; below functions can be identified and maximized:
- Efficient, timely & track-able mode for online orders
- Good e-commerce platform for smooth functioning of e-fulfillment
- Broader coverage and mechanism of handling reverse logistics (returns)
- Customer service