The Mahindra group, a known power brand made a foray into the growing eCommerce industry with the launch of its online venture, M2ALL.com. Taking benefit of the boost in online commerce, it has come up with the idea to expand its venture by offering the entire range of Mahindra products and services online.
On Monday the Mahindra group announced that it will launch its eCommerce venture which will be operated through a separate wholly-owned subsidiary called e-Marketplace Pvt. Ltd. The group chief financial officer and Chief information officer, V S Parthasarthy said, the entity will enable all Mahindra group firms to sell their products and services as a way to complement the existing sales channels. At the same time non competing products could also be offered through the platform. At present over 400 products and services can be browsed through by customers of M2ALL.
“I think e-commerce play in India is underestimated. Everybody’s thinking there is bubble building up. No. I think e-commerce is going to explode in this country,” the Mahindra Group chairman and managing director Anand Mahindra told PTI
- Part of Mahindra eMarket Pvt. Ltd. wholly owned by subsdiary of Mahindra and Mahindra
- Current Team size: 10 employees with an average age of 32 years
- 5 categories: Mahindra auto, Car service, Real estate, Power solutions and Two wheelers
- 31 brands under the umbrella
- Customer support via instant chat, telephone (toll free number) and e-mail
You may also like: Mahindra forays into e-commerce [Video]