For many, choosing entrepreneurship as a career might seem daunting and a path full of risks and uncertainty. But to some, the same path appears adventurous, it seems like a journey where they could pursue their dreams, be their own boss, set their own rules, their working hours, and most importantly secure their financial future. Entrepreneurship is just not about taking risks, but it’s much more than that. Entrepreneurship is for those who can dare to dream, walk out of that cubicle to experience that freedom and at the same be secured and successful.
According to a study conducted by the International School of Entrepreneurship Education and Development (ISEED), more than 87% of students surveyed aspire to become an entrepreneur at one point of life, while, about 90% believed that the country is full of entrepreneurship opportunities.
What Is Entrepreneurship and Who Are Entrepreneurs?
Entrepreneurship, well, it is the process of designing, beginning and running a business. When we talk about a profitable business, we often think of that one BIG IDEA behind its success. But hey, it’s not only that idea, but the one who made that idea really work – Yes, the ENTREPRENEUR, they are the ones who work hard enough to ensure the idea materialises.
Entrepreneurship As A Career – Why Not
Unlike a decade ago, entrepreneurship is now a widely-accepted career option. People are ditching job hunting and changing their gears to picking up entrepreneurship as their career, and the growing number of start-ups in India is one evidence for this crusade. Today, the scope in the field of entrepreneurship is huge, guess, this is why it’s becoming the most pursued career choice by the youngsters!
What Makes A Great Entrepreneur?
Entrepreneurs, are they born like that or made? This is one debate that would continue forever. In the continuum of different opinions, there is one thing that cannot be uncertain, i.e. the skills of a great entrepreneur. Here are the right entrepreneurial skills which help a lot in setting up and growing a successful business.
- As an entrepreneur, you need to know how to raise and manage money. You can develop financial acumen to manage your business efficaciously by taking up courses in Accounting and Finance.
- Getting frustrated and upset by the setbacks results in a lot of struggling, to be successful one needs to master the art of dealing with that stress.
- One of the key to doing great as an entrepreneur is to expand professional relationship. Start by making friends with other entrepreneurs, it’s a great way to learn through the exchange of thoughts.
- Hiring, managing, and training staff member is another very important skill in the entrepreneur’s arsenal. Having great people in your team makes your business strong, but again is not just about hiring them, on-boarding them well, and managing them well are equally important to ensure they don’t run away to your competitors. To be an effective people manager you need to learn the best practices in human resources as well, this People Management Course can be of good help.
- Converting prospects into customers is where many entrepreneurs get stuck, but business is all about marketing and selling, right, that’s the only way you can make profits and keep your business running. If you are really nervous about this step, try enrolling in this Marketing Program and learn how to effectively apply marketing management theories and practices.
- Always focus on the Big Picture, i.e. long-term goals. It is important to keep an eye on your business strategy and assessment of that strategy relative to the industry and your competition.
There are many online courses available to pursue in the field of Entrepreneurship. Many of the Online Learning Centres provide free courses in entrepreneurship, here are few of the most sought ones:
- Marketing Management
- Entrepreneurship: DO Your Venture
- People Management for Entrepreneurs
- Accounting and Finance
Entrepreneurship is a good career option as it can make you really happy, and happiness is one of the essentials for success. Grab the opportunity to control your destiny and do what’s important to you. Be an Entrepreneur.